This program is designed for businesses and organisations looking for ways to improve what they do.
You will gain top-level skills and invaluable insights that will propel you to greater success in your career and prepare you to go one step beyond the obvious. A secretary or personal assistant is an integral part of a management team. This course uses realistic case studies, problem-solving exercises and practical skills training.
This 4 day intensive master class is for PAs and Secretaries who would like to fully understand requirements of their modern roles, while refreshing their skill-set. It is also designed for those who would like to improve their planning, communication and working relationship with their manager(s). LEVEL 3,4 & 5.
Personality Profiling and Motivation
Gain insight into the default behaviour and communication patterns of different personality types. Understand the typical motivators, triggers and “stressors for each personality type:
- Analyse your own personality profile and your natural strengths and limitations
- Discuss the impact of stress and change on personality and emotions
- Group Discussion of the Impact of Personality Profiles in the Workplace
- Learn Maslow’s theory of motivation and how our needs determine our behaviour
- Understand the SCARF model of human motivation
HR for Non-HR Managers
We should all be familiar with the guidelines governing Human Resources and professional practices. This module will provide delegates with a High-Level Overview of:
- Labour Relations Act
- Employment Equity Act
- Skills Development Act
- Employee wellness
- Best practice for Interviewing
- Grounds for Dismissal
The New Culture of Coaching and Mentoring
- Guidelines for Effective Mentoring and Coaching
- The Role of the Experienced Office manager/PA in Mentoring
- Matching Mentors and Mentees
- Formal vs Informal Mentoring
- What is the Role of a Coach?
Dealing with Different People
- Creating a climate for trust and collaboration in the workplace
- Identifying your own and your team members’ behavioural styles
- Motivating, instructing and overseeing different kinds of people
- Being authentically you for the best results
- Good, better, best… moving into a higher dimension of relationship management
- Managing Change and Transformation with Confidence and integrity
- Staying Assertive and Focussed on Your Goals under Pressure
- Recognising the Neurotic Spiral and Skills to Manage the Spiral
- Mastering an Internal Locus of Control
Communicating With Integrity
We achieve integrity in our communication when our thoughts, words and body gestures are aligned to convey a solid, unambiguous message. This can be achieved once we are aware of the different ways in which we can manage our communication. In this module, participants will learn:
- Practical Assertiveness Skills to manage Difficult Situations
- How to convey an assertive response in order to resolve conflict
- Apply body language that speaks confidence and assertiveness and avoids conflict situations
- Manage Your Tone and Body language to Avoid Showing Negative Emotions
- Staying Focused Under Pressure: Using the “I-Message” and “Broken Record” Skills to Stay Focused on Your Desired Outcomes
PR and Social Media Best Practice
- Social media platforms
- Why should your company be on social media?
- Why should you be on social media?
- Do’s and Don’ts and general etiquette guidelines
- Social media marketing and trends
Executive Presentation Skills (VIDEO-TAPED)
In today’s Hi-Tech, sophisticated world, presentation skills backed up with powerful visuals is essential to create lasting impressions. Whether you are designing the presentation or delivering it, the requirements and skills are the same. Let’s learn to create stunning presentations using the modern Inverted Pyramid approach in communication.
- Preparing your presentation
- Delivering your presentation with confidence
- Getting the audience on your side
- Understanding Audiences‟ styles and using that knowledge to target each style in the audience in order to meet the individual requirements
- Making an Impact
SKILLS Advanced Project Management Skills
- Project Management Basics
- A review of the five key process groups and nine essential knowledge areas as defined by the Project Management Institute in their PMBOK guide.
- The Project Life Cycle
- Unpacking and understanding the four phases of a project’s life cycle: conception, planning, execution, and termination.
- The Role of a Project Manager
- The of a project manager, and the key skills required for driving project success in a leadership role.
- Project Planning & Goals
- Defining and setting SMART project goals, targets and objectives, and how they can be modified to ensure project success.
- Modern Project Planning Tools
- An introduction to various project planning tools, including action planning worksheets, milestone charts, PERT, the Critical Path Method, Gantt charts, network diagrams, and flow charts.
- Project Finance & Budgets
- Understanding the financial elements of the project, and how budgets and costs can be effectively managed.
- Managing Project Teams
- Building, managing and motivating successful project teams that deliver. Will cover the critical factors for team success, and unpack Jensen and Tuckman’s four stages of team development.
- Keys to successful project communication, feedback, interaction and conflict resolution.
- Delivering the project
- The process of concluding, delivering and closing a project, including the importance of performance review and value added project reporting.
Finance For Non-Financial Managers
- Explain the concept of budgeting in a business unit.
- Analyse the budget needs of a business unit.
- Present and justify a proposed budget for a business unit.
- Monitor and control actual expenses and revenue against projected expenses and revenue
Stress Management and Wellness
Stress: “When you decide that the resources you have are not enough to help you cope with the demands placed on you” Stress seems to be an accepted part of modern day life. With this we need to be able to recognise our stress and then deal with it effectively.
- What is Stress?
- The Symptoms of Stress: from Boredom to Burnout
- Balancing Resources and Demands
- Recognising Stressors and Inhibitors in Your Personal and Working Environment
- How Change can Result in Stress
- The Cycle of Grief and Loss
- Managing the Effects of Change and the Related Anxiety
- The forces of change
- Managing planned change
- Resistance to change
- Limiting the negative effects of unplanned change